Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we have answered some of the questions we are asked most often at Country Heritage Winery. If you'd like any more information, feel free to contact us by phone or our social media!
Are you open right now?
We are open for in-house sales as of Friday, June 12! We are under restrictions for the forseeable future as of July 4. We will update this page when we have confirmation that this will change.
Will you be taking reservations?
We will not be taking any reservations. Seating at the winery will be first-come, first-served.
When will you open again for in-house sales?
We are open for in-house sales. We are enforcing the following restrictions:
- We can only allow 250 persons on the premises at a time.
- Seating will be outdoors only: this includes the amphitheater, lawn, terraces, porches, and gazebo.
- Our tasting bar will continue to be closed. We will revisit this when we get closer to Phase 5 of Indiana's reopening plans.
- When seated, guests need to avoid wandering the venue. Of course, you may need to use restrooms, head to one of our bars to order, and take care of whatever is necessary. However, we ask that guests choose a table and stay there and avoid unnecessarily wandering around.
- Only six (6) guests will be able to sit at any one table. This is in accordance with state guidelines.
- Tables and chairs cannot be moved from where they are placed. They will be placed to maintain social distancing between tables, as required by state guidelines.
- Masks will be optional for patrons. However, CHW staff will continue to wear appropriate PPE.
- Multiple locations will have hand sanitizer available.
- As always, no outside food or drink will be permitted. Also, we will extend this rule to include personal chairs. Guests will need to be seated at chairs and tables provided. This will help to maintain appropriate social distancing as required by state guidelines.
What are your hours?
Our LaOtto winery's hours are 11-8 from Sunday-Thursday, and then 11-10 on Friday and Saturday.
Our Nashville location's hours are 11-6 from Monday-Thursday, 11-10 on Friday and Saturday, and 12-6 on Sunday.
When is your patio bar open?
Our patio bar (at our LaOtto winery) is open from 11-9 on Fridays and Saturdays. A menu is available on our Products page. Our patio bar features our patio bar food menu as well as our full drink selection.
I want to do a tasting. How does it work?
LaOtto location: Tastings are currently unavailable. We will continue to post updates about future changes as we get closer to Phase 5 of Indiana's reopening plan. As of Friday, June 12, we will be open for in-house sales of glasses and bottles of wine.
Nashville location: Limited tastings are available starting on Friday, June 12. Tastings will be available by table service, and the menu will be limited. We will continue to post updates about any changes to our tasting service as we get closer to Phase 5 of Indiana's reopening plan.
Are children allowed at the winery?
We welcome the entire family at Country Heritage Winery, no matter how young! However, we do have some rules for everyone to follow to ensure safety. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over 21, within arms reach. Children must never be unaccompanied. We also cannot allow anyone under the age of 21 to stand or be near the tasting bar. Your cooperation with these guidelines will ensure that we can continue to be a family-friendly destination.
Can I bring my own food or drinks into the winery or outside space?
In accordance with FDA and Board of Health regulations, we cannot allow outside food, beverages, or containers of any kind on the premises. This includes coffees (Starbucks, etc.), water bottles purchased elsewhere, personal water bottles or containers, thermoses, juice, milk, snacks, coolers, and the like. We do have a selection of snacks, water bottles, sparkling juices, and Pepsi products available for purchase every day. We also have our patio bar open during weekend hours, as well as food trucks as scheduled.
Even if you have dietary restrictions or other preferences, we cannot allow outside food, beverages, or containers on winery property.
I'm not a wine drinker. Do you offer any beer or cocktails?
As a facility that produces and sells our own wine, it is not legal in the State of Indiana to have any alcohol that we do not sell on the property. Therefore, we cannot offer any beer, liquor, or other alcoholic beverage besides our wines for purchase.
We recommend trying our wine slushies or ciders if wine is not your preference. We also always encourage guests to taste a few wines. Ask your server for recommendations - often, we can find something you will enjoy! If you still would prefer not to enjoy our wines, we do offer water, sparkling juices, and Pepsi products for sale at our winery.
Who is playing this weekend? What events are coming up at CHW?
Check out our Events page for the most up-to-date schedule of performers in our concert series as well as dates for any special events coming up!
I'd like to rent the winery for a private event. Who do I contact?
If you have a future event you would like to book, head to our Events tab and click "Book Your Event" to get a link to our event contact form. We can tentatively schedule your date, but your event will be (or will not be) held according to all current restrictions put in place by the Governor of Indiana as they change and evolve.
Fabulous! Head to our Events tab and click "Book Your Event" for more information about the spaces we have available. There, you can find a contact form to get in touch with Tonya, our events coordinator, who will be glad to fill in any more details and get you booked for your event!
We do not host wedding ceremonies or receptions.