Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we have answered some of the questions we are asked most often at Country Heritage Winery. If you'd like any more information, feel free to contact us by phone or our social media!
Are you open right now?
We are open for in-house sales as of Friday, June 12! We are under restrictions for the forseeable future. Our restrictions have been updated as of 7/24. We will update this page when we have confirmation that this will change.
When are your blueberries coming in?
Unfortunately, our blueberry crop was victim to the late frosts in mid-May. Therefore, we do not have blueberries for sale this summer. Our plants survived fine, so we are hopeful we will have a bountiful crop next year!
Will you be taking reservations?
We will not be taking any reservations. Seating at the winery will be first-come, first-served.
What restrictions currently apply?
We are open for in-house sales. We are enforcing the following restrictions:
- Masks are REQUIRED to be worn by customers when not seated at a table or chair. This includes when entering the building, ordering, moving to another area, and so on. When you are seated at your table or chair, you may remove your mask to enjoy your wine, beverages, and food. However, as soon as you leave your table, you are required to wear a mask. This is in accordance with Executive Order 20-37 as signed by Gov. Holcomb.
- On Fridays and Saturdays when we expect to have over 250 people on the premises at our LaOtto winery, we will be collecting names and phone numbers from each group entering. This is at the request of the DeKalb County Board of Health and will help with contact tracing in the event that somebody who had been on Country Heritage premises would test positive for COVID-19. This information will be kept secure on our premises and will only be used IF requested by the Board of Health and will only be disseminated to the Board of Health and no other entity.
- Our tasting bar will be open only from Monday through Thursday. This helps to ensure both that tastings occur with the appropriate social distancing and still offers the great experience we want to provide for our guests.
- Guests must maintain appropriate social distance. We encourage you to bring your own lawn chairs to allow for lawn seating to maintain distance from others.
- Once seated, guests need to avoid wandering the venue. When not seated, masks are required. Of course, you may need to use restrooms, head to one of our bars to order, and take care of whatever is necessary. However, we ask that guests choose a table, stay there, and avoid unnecessarily wandering around.
- Tables cannot be moved from where they are placed. They will be placed to maintain social distancing between tables, as required by state guidelines.
- CHW will be implementing numerous safeguards to protect customers. This includes temperature checks for employees, increased sanitation of touch points and bathrooms, increased signage regarding COVID-19 symptoms, and other measures to ensure safety.
- Multiple locations will have hand sanitizer available.
- As always, no outside food or drink will be permitted.
What are your hours?
Our LaOtto winery's hours are 11-8 from Sunday-Thursday, and then 11-10 on Friday and Saturday.
Our Nashville location's hours are 11-6 from Monday-Thursday, 11-10 on Friday and Saturday, and 12-6 on Sunday.
When is your patio bar open?
Our patio bar (at our LaOtto winery) is open from 11-9 on Fridays and Saturdays. A menu is available on our Products page. Our patio bar features our patio bar food menu as well as our full drink selection.
I want to do a tasting. How does it work?
LaOtto location: Tastings are available from Monday-Thursday. We offer two complimentary tastings for everyone and 7 tastings for $5. We have an extensive wine list ranging from drys through desserts, as well as a selection of our ciders and wine slushie. Check out our Products page if you'd like to review our list before visiting! Our tasting space at the bar is limited to ensure social distancing, so a wait might be possible.
Nashville location: Limited tastings are available daily. Tastings will be available by table service, and the menu will be limited. We will continue to post updates about any changes to our tasting service as we get closer to Phase 5 of Indiana's reopening plan.
Are children allowed at the winery?
We welcome the entire family at Country Heritage Winery, no matter how young! However, we do have some rules for everyone to follow to ensure safety. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over 21, within arms reach. Children must never be unaccompanied. In addition, children cannot be running around the property, through the vineyards, or on our landscaping features. We also cannot allow anyone under the age of 21 to stand or be near the tasting bar. Your cooperation with these guidelines will ensure that we can continue to be a family-friendly destination.
Can I bring my own food or drinks into the winery or outside space?
In accordance with FDA and Board of Health regulations, we cannot allow outside food, beverages, or containers of any kind on the premises. This includes coffees (Starbucks, etc.), water bottles purchased elsewhere, personal water bottles or containers, thermoses, juice, milk, snacks, coolers, and the like. We do have a selection of snacks, water bottles, sparkling juices, and Pepsi products available for purchase every day. We also have our patio bar open during weekend hours, as well as food trucks as scheduled.
Even if you have dietary restrictions or other preferences, we cannot allow outside food, beverages, or containers on winery property.
I'm not a wine drinker. Do you offer any beer or cocktails?
As a facility that produces and sells our own wine, it is not legal in the State of Indiana to have any alcohol that we do not sell on the property. Our license is as a farm winery, so our wines are the only alcoholic beverages we are permitted to sell.
We recommend trying our wine slushies or ciders if wine is not your preference. We also always encourage guests to taste a few wines. Ask your server for recommendations - often, we can find something you will enjoy! If you still would prefer to enjoy something other than our wines, we do offer water, sparkling juices, and Pepsi products for sale at our winery.
Who is playing this weekend? What events are coming up at CHW?
Check out our Events page for the most up-to-date schedule of performers in our concert series as well as dates for any special events coming up!
I'd like to rent the winery for a private event. Who do I contact?
If you have a future event you would like to book, head to our Events tab and click "Book Your Event" to get a link to our event contact form. We can schedule your date, and your event will be held according to all current restrictions put in place by the Governor of Indiana as they change and evolve.
Fabulous! Head to our Events tab and click "Book Your Event" for more information about the spaces we have available. There, you can find a contact form to get in touch with Tonya, our events coordinator, who will be glad to fill in any more details and get you booked for your event!
We do not host wedding ceremonies or receptions.